...i just want someone to die for.
Probably one of my favourite lyrics ever ever ever. Sortof describes how I'm feeling about stuff at the moment. I kindof well like a girl but I have completely forgotten how to go about courting, that's pretty bad isn't it? I don't really know how to do things in the conventional sense at all. I'm not even sure I have the balls to ask her to do something with me, if we know each other well enough to facilitate me asking that. Is that how things are done? Fuck knows. All I know is I have a +1 for Futureheads/Johnny Foreigner this weekend and I'll be damned if I'm not using it on someone fun. I'm just scared of fucking up. OH WELL.
I did a blog yesterday on the mistakes.in.animation myspace which has lots of stuff in it, some stuff I've said in here but there's some song lyrics and stuff in it, dunno if anyone who reads this wants to take a look but here you go. Actually getting properly excited about the way things are panning out, if we end up playing New Slang on the 18th, looks like Martin will be staying the weekend prior to that and joining us for the Surbiton HC Cocktail Party. I want Dave to come too, with a Stella box on his head. But three days of solid practicing = just what we need. Perfect timing as well - although Scarlett's in New York, it means we can tighten everything up. Scarlett's a good enough musician in her own right and knows the songs well enough to be able to play along with us quite happily (we'll just do plenty of vocal work before the show itself as my vocals are well poor).
Finally, the Blakfish fundraiser went really well, we raised about £200 for them which will go towards gear they really need. It was a tiring and stressful day / weekend in general, but that was worth it. Jose Vanders in particular was amazing, she was completely out of place on the bill but she blew quite a few people away with her songs and general stage demeanour. Can't wait to have her play for me again.
Current listening:
Coldplay - A Rush Of Blood To The Head
Blakfish - See You In Another City
The Boxer Rebellion - Exits
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment