Wednesday, 27 January 2010

good things are coming our way

Been a LONG time since I wrote anything here, this isn't going to be a massive update but I think I'm a lot happier at the moment so I might as well have this page starting on a better note or something.

So yeah as of yesterday I am going out with a lovely girl called Esmée, we went away at the weekend to St Ives together which was pretty fun. She'd basically had a bunch of holiday time from work that she'd not used, and her sister's fiance's family own a cottage there, so we made use of it. The weather was lovely, and it was nice just to spend some time together away from all the hustle and bustle of our usual climes.

It also pretty much reminded me how much I like her and showed that we can go for a while without getting annoyed at each other. Which was good. And I think a bit of a turning point. Usually I fall for girls straight away and I'm like all "omgzz" about them, not this time, but I think it's been much healthier and I hope it gives the relationship a bit of time and space to flourish. It's just nice to feel wanted!

In other news, we're building a studio in my workplace. I've budgeted for all the gear we need, it's going to be incredible. Am so stoked but it's going to be a lot of hard work learning how to use all the equipment and operate well in a day-to-day studio environment. However if it works out, then I'm pretty much set up for life.

Myself, Reevesy and Chris from our hockey team were talking about moving in together but I think I may have to put that on the back-burner for the time being, at least until summer, what with the new developments - also we're looking at buying more property, at which point I can live in it then we can use the income from rent to go towards my dad slowly retiring. It's pretty exciting times all round, to be honest.

Sunny Day Real Estate just announced a London show but allegedly it's part of a bigger UK tour. I'm doing everything in my power to try and get a support slot, but also I think I might have holidays sorted out once I find out what cities they're playing in. Can't fucking wait!

Current listening:
Johnny Foreigner - Grace And The Bigger Picture
And So I Watch You From Afar - s/t
Future Of The Left - Travels With Myself And Another
Mew - No More Stories...

No comments: