http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/dodgy_del/flymagazinescan.jpg
Yeah this has pretty much made my life.
I feel like slowly, but surely, I'm helping put Kingston on the map. It fucking deserves to be on it!
In three hours time, I will be at London Waterloo, having the first drink of the weekend and looking forward to clubbing timez in Bournemouth tonight. I have packed my best shoes, some good jeans, and nifty threadz to wear. I'm going to look, as they say, "ting". I'm most likely to get utterly fucking hammered (because I've not been drunk in a while) and then fall asleep somewhere (as I'm running on about 3 hours sleep. damn you Megan, damn you.) to be rescued by my team-mates (I would hope).
Tomorrow is beach football in the morning, then hockey in the afternoon.
Then more clubbing.
I think I'll be dead come Sunday.
In my rush to think of great acoustic artists yesterday, I completely forgot a couple of Dundonians who also shiver my timbers every time they come onto WMP/my mp3 player. I played with them two years ago, one either side of me on the bill (with Frank Turner headlining) and I have never felt so musically belittled as I have at this gig. They were unbelieveable! So, without further ado, please check out: Iain Macaulay (who also plays in Spyamp) and Uncle Fritz (who is currently playing bass in Alamos). Whew. Links ahoy.
Iain Mac's album is ridiculously cheap and well worth the pennies, go get it. Fritz's debut album is available for download (for free!) from last.fm, and his second from Pet Piranha Records, also home to Mercury Tilt Switch, The A Forest, Die! Die! Die! and Dead Or American.
I don't really have too much else to say apart from I feel like gnawing my own face off. Boredom at work is a terrible thing. I could be in bed right now. I'm eating a jacket potato with tuna, it's fucking BOMB.
Current listening:
Shellac - 1000 Hurts
Johnny Foreigner - Waited Up Til It Was Light
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment